Membership eligibility is as follows:
- First Nation, Inuit, Métis Individuals and Communities
- Aboriginal led not-for-profit organization and registered charities
- Granting Organizations: private foundations, public foundations, community foundations, corporate foundations and grantmakers, public service grantmakers, aboriginal trusts, funder affinity groups, service clubs and United Ways.
- Registered charities and not-for-profits that are committed to supporting the goals of the Circle through their work.
- Individual Supporters: Those who support the vision of the Circle but are not allied with a particular organization. This category of membership opens the doors to individuals who wish to contribute to the Circle’s initiatives due to an invested interest in Aboriginal philanthropy but lack a secure outlet from which to become involved.
- Annual membership runs from January 1st to December 31st of the calendar year.
- Each member organization may identify one to four individuals to be the primary contacts for the Circle, including exercising the member’s vote.
- Participation in the Circle’s events is open to all staff and Board members of a member organization for a free or at a reduced rate.
- Members of the Circle are committed to dialogue and learning in a solicitation-free environment.
- The Circle may choose to decline membership to any organization or individual that does not, in the opinion of the Circle’s Governing Circle, fully meet all of the membership criteria.
- Subject to the provisions of paragraph 6.2 of By-Law No. 2012-1, Members consent to participating in any meeting of the Members by means of such conference telephone or other communications equipment.
Join here: New Member Application
Recognizing that some organizations may not be eligible for membership (eg. government representatives, and/or for-profit business) but are still working actively to connect with and support the empowerment of Aboriginal peoples in Canada, anyone is welcome to join many of our ongoing activities, such as our Collaborative Circles for an individual fee of $100.00. This fee supports the communications and networking support.